Working Bee – Saturday 3 March
8:00 am Saturday 3rd March at our home grounds to mark fields and have everything ready for the first round of the season 18th March.
Season Launch – Sunday 11 March
Join Albury Hotspurs, Committee, Sponsors, Supporters and all players from Miniroos to Senior Men for the 2018 Season Launch at Aloysius and Lambert Parks South Albury.
Various activities will be arrange, presenting of the 2018 Division 1 Men and Ladies playing shirt and the 2018-2020 Miniroos shirt.
Inter-club practice matches will run threw out the morning, updated Teams and Times below;
- 9:00 – 9:35 am Composite team made up of 11 & 12 boys & any 11, 12 & 13 girls (15 minute halves 5 min have time)
- 9:40 – 10:25 am 13 boys v 14 boys (20 minute halves 5 min have time)
- 10:00 – 11:00 am Miniroos Small Sided Games (to take place on Lambert park)
- 10:30 – 11:35 am 16 boys v Thirds (30 minute halves 5 min half time)
- 11:40 – 12:45 pm Reserves v Over 35s (30 minute halves 5 min half time)
- 1:00 pm Senior Men v Lake Albert.
There will be an opportunity for players to finalise registrations and purchase socks.
NB. Hotspurs are changing sock design for our Sunday teams in 2018.
They will be available from the canteen for $10.
The Social Committee is to meet within the next week to decide on any special requirements that need organising for the Season Launch and future functions.
Round 1 Sunday 18 March
Hotspurs v Diamonds
All teams will play, kick-off times to be advised.
2018 Coaches and Updated Training Times
- Senior Men | Robert Tuksar | Tuesday & Thursday 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Senior Ladies | Matt Townsend | Monday & Wednesday 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
- Div 2 & Over 35s Men | John Irvine | Tuesday & Thursday 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Thirds & 16 Boys | Joel McDonough and John Belgre | Wednesday 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm (Will switch to Tuesday and Thursday after a few weeks)
- 16 Girls| TBA | Wednesday | 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm beginning Feb 28 with Fiona Smith 13 Girls
- 14 Boys | Kelvin Davies | Thursday | 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- 13 Girls | Fiona Smith | Wednesday | 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm beginning Feb 28
- 13 Boys | Tim Clune and Ian Belgre | Wednesday | 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm beginning Feb 21
- 12 Boys | TBA | Thursday 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm with Brad Howard 11 Boys
- 11 Boys | Brad Howard | Thursday 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm
- 11 Girls | Justin Wild | Wednesday 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm beginning Feb 21
- Miniroos | Tuesday 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm beginning Mar 27
NSW Active Kids $100 voucher
For more information and how to obtain you voucher code/number, which you will need before registering your child to use in registration process please go here.
Registration Information – Don’t leave to the last minute!
Online registrations are open.
There has been a slight increase in some fees.
- Miniroos (5 to 10 years) $100 (includes: bag, ball and drink bottle)
- Juniors (11 to 18 years) $150
- Senior Ladies (19+ years) $240
- Student Ladies (19+ years) $170
- Senior Men (19+ years) $320
- Student Men (19+ years) $240
- Over 35 Men (35+ years) $240
This season all Miniroos players will receive a bag, ball and drink bottle included with their registration package.
Coaches and Managers (Volunteers) are required to register online and also obtain a Working With Children Check if they are 18 years and over and coach or managed any junior team. You will be asked to provide your WWC number and expiry date during the registration process.
For more information on how to register go here.
Please register ASAP
Social Club Member
All registered players are automatically a Social Club Member and receive Social Club Members prices to Hotspurs functions. Non members shall incur a slight surcharge.
If you are a non-registered supporter or friend of Albury Hotspurs, for $20 you can now register as a Social Club Member through myfootballclub. Details on how to register as a Social Club Membr can be found on our Registration page.
AWFA Coaching Accreditation Courses March 2018
We would like to notify all AWFA clubs & prospective coaches wanting to get accreditation in 2018, we will holding our combined community courses – Game training / Senior & Skill based training – at Glen park on the following dates & times:
- Friday 2nd March 6:00pm-9:30 pm
- Saturday 3rd March 8:30am-4:00pm
- Friday 9th March 6:00pm-9:30pm
The cost of each module is $100. (Albury Hotspurs will cover this cost, notify our secretary if you wish to attend a course)
Please let the AWFA Secretary of your intention & the course you wish to undertake – we will accept registrations up to the first day of the course & must be paid upon registration.
@ Aloysius Park, South Albury
5-6pm Every Tuesday after that,
except NSW school holidays. Notification on Team App
Miniroos competition starts on Saturday 7th April, 2018
@ Jelbart Park, Lavington
(Gala days – 12th May & 11th August)
Online registrations are open, more information here.
Miniroos (5 to 10 years) $100 (includes: bag, ball and drink bottle) Shirt provided – will need to provide black shorts, boots, shin pads and yellow socks (available at Spurs canteen)
Commencing 31 January 2018 the NSW Government will provide a $100 voucher to parents/guardians of school enrolled children. The $100 voucher can be used for registration and participation costs for sport and fitness activities. For more information and how to obtain you voucher code/number, which you will need before registering your child to use in registration process please go here. https://sport.nsw.gov.au/sectordevelopment/activekids
For more information please call Paul Kinning – 0400422805 or Wayne Davies – 0477 872410
Albury Hotspurs Teamapp users, all access groups have now been reset. Please open you app and request access to your appropriate team.
Coaches and Managers using team app for notifications, voting, draw and match availability. When requesting access to the group you manage please request restricted admin in you comments.
Hotspurs Club Shop
The Hotspurs Online Club shop will come online in the near future and will include the new Senior Club wear.
Some items will be in stock, other items will have a order cut off deadline and ordering will be less often to make the operation of the shop feasible.
We would like to thank the sponsors for their contribution towards the Senior Preseason Singlet, Shirt and 2018 Warm-up tops.
- Baker Motors
- Albury Showerfix
- The Leather Doctor
- Brady’s Railway Hotel Bottlemart
- JH & JA Parrett
- K2 Design
Hotspurs Club Coaching Panel
The Hotspurs Club Coaching Panel has been formed, and consists of the following members of the club, John Belgre, Robert Tuksar, John Irvine, Matt Townsend and Fiona Smith.
From time to time there will be some useful information posted here for our coaches.
Coaches can also utilise the Coaching Panel for help, with any aspect of coaching. It’s an experienced, and great group, to assist those wishing to develop their coaching and ultimately the teams performances.
All the teams match reports will be posted here throughout the season so we encourage coaches and managers to supply a match report not only for your team players and parents but also so the rest of the club, social members, friends and sponsors can see how each team is progressing.
Match reports and newsletter information
Please email all match reports, photos and Hotspurs news to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday evening at 9pm